Monday, February 11, 2008

Some Thoughts on the Word Never

I received a phone call today from my friend Jennifer W., who had just had one of those "rhema" moments.... You know "rhema" as when the Word of God speaks to you in such a way that it seems as if the world stops spinning and the Spirit of God is whispering the Word of God directly in your soul. In that moment, you come face to Face with Truth and your heart starts beating quickly and you want to shout your revelation to the whole world!

As she was talking, I knew I had to share it on this blog. I asked Jennifer if that was okay and would she email her journal entry to me. She graciously accepted. Thanks, Jennifer!

____________________________________________________
Here are my thoughts on the word....NEVER.

This morning I was praying for a good friend's mother, who has numerous physical problems going on right now. As I was calling her name out before God, I told Him that I couldn't begin to name all the things that are wrong with her but He knows what they are. I prayed for her physical strength, mental strength and emotional strength, as well as for her healing.

I was quoting Hebrews 13:5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you,"
referring to my friend's mother and God knowing exactly where she is physically, mentally and emotionally.

The scripture kept going over and over again in my mind, even though, I was real busy with doing other things by then...so I began to quote it out loud... Then I began to just say the word...NEVER....NEVER....NEVER.... Each time it was said with more amazement than the time before. I began to think, really think, about the word itself... Wow! What a big word with such promise and power.


NEVER...has no end, knows no limitation, positively not going to happen. Then I began to feel God speak to me about that simple word....NEVER.... He is the only person that really has the right to use it because He is the only one that can truly honor the promise of NEVER. No one else is qualified to make that promise regarding anything, anyone or any situation. Humans use it frequently but can't actually make a true commitment of the word. We promise to "I will never stop loving you", "I will never leave you", "I will never change", "I will never tell anyone (secrets)"....never do this or never do that.
We can do our best and might be successful in some areas that involves the promise of NEVER....but all we can do is what we can humanly do. Situations change. Circumstances change. People change. Life just happens. But God is successful 100% of the time....NEVER changing, NEVER wavering, NEVER doubting....just plain NEVER.

So when God says "NEVER"....He means NEVER! That is a promise that we can count on because He is the same yesterday, today and forever. He never changes. We change but God NEVER does.

_________________________________________________

It was this morning when Jennifer shared this with me. We drove home today from Fort Smith, and I have been "chewing" on this all day! We've been home about an hour and I couldn't wait to post this. I also did a word search on the word "never" in the NIV on studylight.org.

There were several promises from God and several warnings from God with the word "never" in them. I encourage you to do the same search and let God speak to your heart!

Thanks for sharing with us, Jennifer!

I love you all and hope you have a great day!
Dorinda

No comments: