Friday, March 21, 2008

Jesus Paid it All

Today is the day we remember our Lord and Saviour's sacrifice on the cross.

Each night this week, over 100 people have gathered to practice for our annual Easter Drama for Saturday and Sunday. The crowd of people go from praising and singing "Hosannahs" to yelling "Crucify Him" and "Let Him Die".

As we go through the hustle and bustle of the busy activity getting sets ready, finding the right costumes, making sure everyone knows their lines..... etc, there is this undertone, that we are witnessing the re-enactment of one of the most sacred events of all time.

Jesus- who was perfect in every way, laid down His life for MY sins. He suffered great pain and anguish through the scourging and the crucifixion, but I think His greatest pain was when His Father has to turn His back on His Son. To be separated from the very presence of God was something He had never experienced. Jesus did that for us! Jesus took on ALL of our sin. He bore it. He bore the shame.
Each year as I think about that fact, I am so humbled to think that the Creator of this vast universe, would do that for me!
I have heard it all of my life. There have been times when I have treated that knowledge carelessly and flippantly. There have been times when I did not value the fact the He sacrificed EVERYTHING for me. Because I have "always" known it, I have not always reverenced it.
I do not have to spend eternity without God, because Jesus chose to die for me on a cross over 2,000 years ago. Eternity! I cannot even grasp the depth of love that took for Jesus to do that.
God's Word says that to even begin to grasp the depth of His love we have to have His supernatural power! (Ephesians 4:14-19)
14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Wow! What love! What sacrifice!
I pray you dwell on the fact that it takes power, together will all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ.

So, if you are struggling today with something, know He loves YOU! He is the lifter of your head! Sometimes when we live with shame or defeat or insecurities we go through life with our heads down. But Jesus took the shame! He took the defeat! He took your insecurities and he nailed them to a cross. He looks at you with that great love. He gently takes your chin in His hand and He lifts up your head and looks into your eyes and says,
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, 2 to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, 3 and provide for those who grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
Oh, my goodness! Do you see your worth in Him today? This is a day of sacrifice, a day of victory for you and me!
My prayer for you today is that you KNOW the Savior. I pray your eyes will be opened to Truth as never before. May you be able to comprehend His great love for you and may you live according to His purposes for your life. You don't have to live beneath His promises! Stand up and allow Him to lift up your head! Your shame is gone because He paid the price for you to walk in grace and strength and dignity!
I love you all!
Have a wonderful and glorious Resurrection weekend!

dorinda

No comments: