Wednesday, September 24, 2008

See You at the Pole - 2008

Today is a big day for our students. Many Christian teens (mine included) awakened LOTS earlier than usual- for one purpose. To gather with other Christian teens, from other churches, to pray for their school.

As a bystander, I watched with pride as my children shook the sleep from their tired bodies and gathered around their school's flagpole.
Praise and worship. Scriptures. Prayer. Devotions.

A scripture came to my mind as I watched my son share the Word God put on his heart:

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11 KJV

The neat thing about See You at the Pole is that it is completely student led. The students get together to pray for their teachers, administration and fellow students.

I look back to my junior high and high school years and wish I knew then what I know now. My, I think things would have been a lot different for me. I know I would have taken more time with my buddy Bill B. Bill was our valedictorian.
From 6th grade on he was a buddy of mine. More times than not, he got on my ever living last nerve. But he always made me laugh. We didn't hang out in the same "social" circles, but he lived down the street from me and would always stop by on his bike if I was outside.
  • I remember in junior high trying to convince him that God loved him and that God was the creator of the universe.
  • I remember in senior high thinking Bill was hanging around the wrong crowd.
  • I remember in college getting the call the Bill was gone.

The young promising life of a very intelligent man- gone. Just like that.

He wasn't going to be president like he had hoped.


Immediately after the phone call from my mom, my mind raced.
Did I share enough of Jesus with him?
Could he have had a chance to ask Christ into his heart before he died?
Did I say enough?
Where will he spend eternity?

That was when Isaiah 55:11 really meant something to me.

It is not about how well we say things or how knowledgeable we are. God is omnipotent and His Word in infallible. If we give His Word, it will accomplish what He wants it to accomplish.

I had to leave those concerns in God's hands that night. Did I share enough? I don't know. I do know that God honors His Word. We live by His Word, share His Word - He does the rest.

So, my child and the others shared God's Infallible Word today. That Word will accomplish exactly what God wants it to. They just scattered the seed. He makes it produce. He, the seed giver, makes it prosper.


What Word will you share today?


blessings,

dorinda

No comments: