Sunday, December 30, 2007

2008 Here We Come!

Wow! Can you believe that 2007 is almost gone? It seems the older I get the faster time swooshes by me. (My kids would have a wise crack there about my age!)

As everyone is setting their thoughts towards New Year's resolutions, I want to put my two cents worth in on the subject.

Each year I have one goal that remains the same: Read the Bible in the year. That doesn't mean I always do it, but it is my goal!

If you haven't done so yet, I would like to redirect you, at this point, to my husband's blog entries for December 11, 12, and 13 on the Power of the Word of God. www.PastorRustysBlog.blogspot.com . Then I want you to consider making it a goal of yours to read through the entire Bible in 2008.

My question for each of us is this:
If every professing Christian in our nation would read the entire Word of God in 2008 what changes would take place in our lives, in our churches, in our communities, in our nation!?

Well, it starts with one. I want to be a change agent for the Kingdom of God. I want God to be able to use me more than He ever has before. I want to take the challenge of reading through the entire Bible again in 2008. Will you take it with me?

Being the "on-line" Bible study that we are, I have a resource to make it even easier for you to read through the Bible this year. (Surprise, Surprise, Surprise!) Just follow these simple steps and your daily reading passage will be emailed to you each day of the year!

1) Log on to www.studylight.org
2) Scroll down to the left hand side of the screen to the tab "Study Resources".
3) Find the one that says "Daily Reading Plan" and click.
4) To the right of that day's date there are small letters that read "Bible in a Year" by email. Click that.
5) The Bible in a Year tab is BIAY. Log in your email address and select your translation! You will need to verify with your first email to continue to receiving your scriptures. Also, add the incoming email to you address book so that your mail server will not spam it.

Is that not awesome?! I have been receiving my daily scripture reading via email for over a month now. I love it because if I don't read it, it is still sitting there in my inbox reminding me..... "You haven't read the Word yet....!"

If you skimmed through this post, please remember to go back and read Pastor Rusty's blogs for the 11th, 12th, and 13th of December. I pray it challenges you as never before to read and pray God's Word!

I wish you all a Happy New Year! May your Year bring you closer to the Savior than ever before!
May you continually:
Seek His Face- pursue and intimate relationship with the Savior
Know His Truth - gain ultimate reality about His Kingdom
Love His Word - desire passionate revelation of His Nature - and
Live His Will - daily submit to His plan and His way for your life.

Love you all!
Dorinda

No comments: