Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I Have a Dream

Sometimes things get in my spirit and I just can't let go of them.
Tonight is one of those nights.

I remembered a song by the Christian music artist Carman (www.carman.org).

I cannot even tell you how many times in my life that this song has reminded me of my dreams and visions God has placed in my heart and spoke into my spirit.

I found the lyrics on a website and I do not believe I am infringing on any copy write laws by pasting them here. (I do encourage you to visit the singer's website. If you click here, and go to Number 6, you can hear a sample of this awesome song.)

The Destination is There
You've felt in your spirit
God's shown you something new
Something that has strengthened you
And only you can do
But as your desire grew
You got a little depressed
'Cause you found no destination
For your dreams to manifest
Chorus:
Your desire is the confirmation the destination is there
God wouldn't put it in your spirit if it wasn't going nowhere
So set your sights on the promises and don't you be scared
For your desire is the confirmation the destination is there
His vision's for a certain hourI know it won't be late
His promises will strengthen you
If only you will wait
Don't follow someone else's dreams
Keep your own in sight
For the vision that God gives
Will keep you all your life
Chorus
_________________________________________

Hang on. I am going to ramble a little. :)

Dreams.
There are different kinds of dreams.
You know. You might eat too much pizza at night and then you have this wild and crazy dream about aliens or something.

Then there is a dream that settles in the deepest part of your spirit and hangs on throughout the seasons in your life.

It is then that you know you didn’t just have a dream in your sleep, but you have a dream- as in – you possess a dream, a goal, a vision of something you want to one day accomplish.


A Dream.
Everyone has one. It is God’s way of putting His purpose in your life.

One of the greatest speeches of all time, by one of my greatest heroes goes something like this-
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."

Martin Luther King, Jr., certainly fulfilled his dream and God’s purpose for his life and this country. (He is on my big list of people I want to meet in heaven!)

I believe that when we are children, God plants seeds of purpose and destiny in our hearts. I believe He plants seeds of greatness in everyone’s heart. I believe He lovingly and longingly desires for each of us to fulfill His purpose for our lives.

I have a dream.
You have a dream. Do you know what your dream is?

I almost forgot mine. I knew it as a child. I even mentioned it as an adult. But somewhere between childhood and growing up, I began to belittle the seed of greatness that had been planted by my Creator. I somehow began to believe the dream He lovingly placed in my heart was foolish and a waste of my precious time.

Consistently the dream has remained. I may stuff it down in my heart and ignore it or even pretend it doesn’t exist, but my dream is in my spirit.

When I nurture the dream, it becomes a desire that pleases my Creator. The psalmist tells me in Psalm 37:4:
“Trust in the lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.”

I have a dream.
Whether or not I fulfill it is dependent upon my decisions today, my course of action tomorrow, and my willingness to see it through.

I have a dream.
Today I choose to seek my Savior and pursue the purpose He has for my life.

I have a dream.

blessings!
dorinda

Out of my Treasure Box:
The Dream Giver by Bruce Wilkinson
(You gotta read it!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an awesome post! I love The Dream Giver! It helped me focus on my dream and understand situations in my life. It came out after the Prayer of Jabez... PHEW... very inspiring!