- Lord, God in Heaven, please - PLEASE- don't ever let me get so stubborn that I need to be swallowed by a ginormous fish to get my attention!
- I really don't think that being swallowed by the "whale" was Jonah's punishment. I believe that event was a product of God's amazing grace. Jonah had a chance to repent and remember God.
- Jonah had made some type of vow to God. Somehow, being in the belly of a fish helped him decide to make good on that vow. :)
- Jonah's first rescue was was the whale swallowing him.
- He was about to drown.
- Jonah's second rescue was the whale vomiting him.
- He would have either suffocated or been digested alive in the belly of the whale. Ewwwww! What if he had still been alive when he started to go through the colon... That's just gross! But - the story is true!
- God's grace wasn't just for Jonah. His grace was for the big, evil city of Nineveh.
- Salvation comes from the Lord - and Him alone.
Well, that is just my rambling for the day.
Lord, I submit my life and my plans in to Your hands. Help me have an obedient heart and a submissive spirit!