Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Take Care of Yourself

Bone tired.

Exhausted.

Drained.

Weary.


Simply tired.


How many moms can relate to those words?


Mmmmmhmmm... that's what I thoght. (By the way - this is not a serious post today... just typing out of delirium....)


I can't seem to stay out of doctor's offices these days. I have been to doctor's offices more in the last month than any of my family members, and I am the only one who hasn't been sick.


Say what?!


But if you are a mom, you know exactly what I am talking about. We drive our kids to the doctor, and sometimes we even go with our husbands.... just to make sure they tell us everything. :)


As moms and wives we tend to take care of everyone but ourselves.


Guilty!


So, here is my reminder to you - ummmmmm.... and me - to take care of yourself!

Eat right.

Get plenty of rest. (ha!)

Drink plenty of fluids.


The LAD (Life According to Dorinda) version is normally this:


Eat right. (You know the colorful foods - red m&ms, green m&ms, yellow m&ms, etc)

Get plenty of rest. (Sleep ALL day! - in my dreams)

Drink plenty of fluids. (There is only one fluid- Diet Coke, right?)


But I am not doing the LAD version these days- well, I'm trying not to. I am trying to be a good girl and take care of myself. I can't afford to be sick with all of these germs floating around my house!


Now, where did I put that lysol?......


blessings,

(and thanks for keeping my family in your prayers... especially Rusty)


dorinda

No comments: