Wednesday, May 6, 2009

God our Provider~ God Who Sees

Genesis 22 starts out with the sentence, "Some time later God tested Abraham."



We have probably all heard the story of God asking Abraham to sacrifice his only son.

We have probably all had questions as to why a good God would ask such a hideous thing.



My focus today is not on the request, but on the provision.



When Abraham was ready to sacrifice his only son in obedience to the Great I Am, God provided another sacrifice. Abraham named the place THE LORD WILL PROVIDE or Jehovah Jireh, the God Who Sees.



Abraham understood that God provided BECAUSE He saw the need.



I was praying with my sweet sister yesterday. Her husband, who is battling tongue cancer, just found out that his plant is closing. So, gone is the paycheck and the health insurance. While we were praying over the phone I heard the Spirit pray through me:

"Nothing catches God by surprise. He knew about this long before anyone else. In fact, He made provision for your needs a long time ago. He didn't just start today thinking of how He would provide for your family."



Wow! What a phenomenal truth about God! That is what He did with Abraham and Isaac. His test was to see if Abraham would with hold Isaac from Him. God already had the provision ready.



God sees our need. In fact, He saw our need before we even knew we had a need. He began making provision for our every need before we were created!



That is a vast Truth to wrap our finite minds around. But, just try. God is our provider - because HE SEES!



mmmmm mmmmmm mmmm! That is some very good stuff! As my husband says, "If that 'don't' light your fire, your wood's wet!"



love you guys!


dorinda

Here is my "fictional narrative" on the story of Abraham.

Here is my video devotion today:



3 comments:

lasturch said...

I just love your blog! You are so encouraging and wise. I am so glad that God brought you into my life!Lee Ann

Beth in NC said...

Dorinda, I already told you on facebook how wonderful this was, but I am sending over a good friend who needs to hear this today!

Many blessings to you friend!

Love,
Beth

Angela said...

amen amen amen...thanks for this precious prayer. Beth sent me your way,,I have to share my devotional from Streams in the Desert THIS MORNING..tell me God is just not amazing? Another message from you with the same powerful message of God's Truth.

"Rebuke all explanations that try to cast doubt on this staggering scene, for this was an object lesson for all ages! Angels also looked on in awe. Will Abraham's faith not strand forever as a strength and a help to all God's people? Will his trial not be a witness to the fact that unwavering faith will always prove the faithfulness of God?"

May God be gracious to you and yours blessed sister and make His face shine upon you today and always.
amen amen amen