Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kids Camp 2009

Arkansas Assemblies of God Kid's Camps and Youth Camps are somewhat of a legend for A/G kids in the state.

I came to this camp for the first time when I was 8. My life has never been the same since. In the 33 years since then (Did I really just put that in here??) I have missed very few summers on these sacred grounds. The last few have probably been my longest stretch of not being here since having children.

I was a little hesitant about returning this year as a counselor- number 1 because it takes a GREAT deal of energy and enthusiasm to be an effective counselor. After I hit 40 my enthusiasm level was there but the physical energy wanes quite a bit! :0)

We drove in on Sunday. My youngest child was so excited to have mom and dad with her. She is the main reason we exerted that effort to be here.

God has once again proved His faithfulness! The glory and power of the Lord have been here in the services and these kids have had a FUN time during the day. Go-Karts, swimming, games, food, fun and friends.

Yesterday morning I woke up and read this scripture:
Psalm 16:7-8
"I bless the Lord who give me counsel, in the night also my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me because He is at my right hand I shall not be shaken."

My prayer today is that these beautiful and precious kids will "set the Lord always before them" and may He always be their right hand and not be shaken."

Oh, I could go on and on about church camp! How many memories I have here as a camper and a counselor. Now my kids will have their own memories! They will not "be shaken" if they "set the Lord always before them".

Ok. Gotta stop. I am rambling but I am smiling at the goodness and mercy of my God!

love you all! I can't wait to get back to regular blogging! i miss you!
blessings
dorinda

No comments: