Thursday, July 23, 2009

Somebody's Knocking at the Door, Someone's Ringing the Bell

Ok. I wrote the title of this post and now I can't get the old song out of my head!!

Does anybody else over 40 remember this song? I think it was the first "rock-n-roll" song I remember hearing.... (I was just a child). Ha!

I do not remember anything else about or of this song except what I wrote in the title, so if it has horrible lyrics or connotations, please pretend I never put that in here. :0)

But...... I have a verse on my heart and that phrase goes with it.

Revelation 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me."

This is Jesus talking to the church in Laodicea.
1) My question is, why is He outside the door knocking? Why isn't He already INSIDE with the body OF Christ?

Did they boot Him out?
Did they get so busy they forgot about Him?
Or were they all "into" doing the work of the Lord that they left the Lord of the work outside?

2) My second question is, "Why doesn't He have a key?" Why does He have to knock?

3) My third question: He says, "IF anyone hears my voice", shouldn't the church be earnestly seeking HIS voice and HIS direction?

4) My final observation is He is longing to have fellowship with the church. He wants to come over and hang out, eat pizza and drink a diet coke and have m&ms for dessert. Oh, yes! I believe if Jesus came to my house He would bring me a package of plain m&ms and a diet coke! ~ because my friends do that. :0)

Well, I don't know about you but I am RUNNING to the door of my heart! I hope He hasn't been standing out there too long!

Come on IN, Jesus!

:0)
I hope you dwell on this for a bit today! I think I'm gonna share a little bit more on this tomorrow.

love ya!
blessings,
dorinda

No comments: