The chocolate's have been eaten. The roses are wilting, and romance has been rekindled in many hearts.
But what about those who hid out in their apartment on THAT day because they couldn't bear facing another Valentines day alone.
I said it.
or should it be ~
A L O N E.
I have talked to many young women who wonder if they will spend their entire lives waiting on Prince Charming to show up on his white horse with a tiara on a pillow. They have spent many a night crying over the possibility that Mr. Right was lured into a shallow relationship by a Proverbs 7 girl rather than waiting on the Proverbs 31 woman of his dreams.
The reason it sounds so sad to so many is because God said in Genesis, "It is not good for man to be 'alone'. " He made us to enjoy the company of the opposite sex. (There are those He calls to singleness~ but when He does, there is joy in that, not sadness and depression.) He made us to 'mate for life'. He made us to feel incomplete without our soul mate.
If He made us that way, He makes a provision for every need we have - even for that of a husband. :)
Now, I am writing this and I have had my Mr. Perfect, my Prince Charming for over 26 years. I haven't spent much time wondering who I would spend the rest of my life with, but I have learned some things in my almost half century of existence. (Yikes! That sounds OLD!)
These are things I know to be true:
1) God has a plan for your life.
2) If God has a plan for your life, it is a plan that will bring you the greatest joy and fulfillment.
3) His plan for your life is not a mystery that can never be discovered.
4) His plan for your life is as simple as daily seeking His face.
5) He usually does not write His plan for your life on the wall of your bedroom.
6) He has His own timing.
7) Discovering His plan and will for your life require knowing His voice.
8) Discovering His plan and will for your life require simple obedience.
9) You can never get so far away from His plan that He cannot bring you back into His will.
10) You will LOVE His plan as long as you stay in His will.
Now, do these things help you "Find the Love of Your Life"? I would say so! Because when you find God and His plan for your life, then the Prince Charming God has for you is somewhere in the path - and you won't miss it!
Just be patient. God really does know what He is doing with your life - a lot better than you do!
Whenever someone asks me, "How do I know God's will for my life?" I direct them to Romans 12:1,2-
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God -- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is -- His good and pleasing and perfect will. "
There are vital keys to living in this verse that will put you in God's path and His will for your life. That is the most important thing, more important than having a "man"! Remember that.
The keys to living in this verse?
1) Understand your life in view of God's mercy.
2) Offer your life to Him as a LIVING sacrifice.
3) Offer your life to Him as a holy and pleasing sacrifice to Him.
4) This should be a spiritual act of worship.
5) Do not conform to the world's culture.
6) Allow the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit to transform your life.
7) Allow the regenerating power of the Holy Spirit to renew your mind.
8) Once your mind is renewed you will be able to test and approve what the will of God is.
9) That means, there will be counterfeits!
10) Know that His will is good, pleasing and perfect!
And Know that you should never EVER settle for second best!!!
If you are waiting on God to bring Prince Charming into your life and if you are wondering if he is EVER going to show up I hope you can sometime hear missionary Trudy Ruehmann Jackson tell her story.