Friday, February 5, 2010

Thoughts Agreeable to His Will

I picked up one of my old Bibles this morning and was flipping through it. I don't use it a whole lot. It is an Amplified version. I like it, but my favorite Bible is my NIV.

Anyway, as I was flipping through it, I noticed my underlinings for a particular scripture. I don't use this Bible a lot so the high lights etc are scarce.

Here is the scripture:
Proverbs 16:3 Amplified:
"Roll your works upon the Lord
[commit and trust them wholly to Him: He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and]
so shall your plans be established and succeed."

Wow! Did you get that?
Let it sink into your spirit!

When I trust in Him and allow Him to be what He wants to be in my life, THEN my thoughts (hopes and desires) will become agreeable to His will!

I don't know about you, but when I get in trouble and do something stupid, it's because I have been thinking.

You know.

Thinking about stuff I have no business contemplating without God right there guiding my every thought.

God's Word says my thoughts will become agreeable to HIS will - not mine, not my selfish whims and desires- but HIS will.

Ooooh!! I NEED that!

No!
I'm serious!

I REALLY *N E E D* that!

So, since I am sitting her with my "un"worn Amplified Bible out, let me give you another verse that goes with Proverbs.

Romans 12:2 Amplified:
"Do not be conformed to this world {this age}, [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you]."

God has an answer for EVERY situation I go through - for you too!

Two simple verses that can get me straightened out - plain and simple! - Well, maybe not simple in my follow through, but if I just let Him do what He wants to in my life, it is very simple!

"Lord, I want my THOUGHTS to think in line with your will! Lord, I want to know and prove what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God for my life! I need YOU in every aspect of my life."

May you be saturated in HIS presence today!

blessings!
dorinda

No comments: