Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Psalm 5 Prayer

My heart has been heavy for several weeks for some friends going through rough times. Actually, not just one couple, but I am thinking of at least 3 couples right now that are just in the middle of very difficult situations in their lives. Most of them don't even know each other.

As much as I would like, I cannot go in the middle of their lives and make their situations better. So, I have designated myself as their "pray-er."


I pray for relationships to be restored.

I pray for grace, for peace and for love.

I pray for provision in their lack.

I pray God will intervene and speak HOPE to their hearts.

I pray healing for their children.


I pray the Word of God over them.


God's Word.


period.


The Sword of the Spirit that is living and active and sharper than any double-edged sword.


Today for one dear friend I am led to pray Psalm 5 over.

Verse 1-8

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing.

Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to You I pray.

In the morning, O LORD, You hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before You and

WAIT IN EXPECTATION.

You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil; with You the wicked cannot dwell.

The arrogant cannot stand in Your presence; You hate all who do wrong.

You destroy those who tell lies; bloodthirsty and deceitful men the LORD abhors.

But I (my friend), by Your great mercy, will come into Your house; in reverence will I bow down toward Your holy temple.

Lead me, O LORD, in Your righteousness because of my enemies-

MAKE STRAIGHT YOUR WAY BEFORE ME (my friend)."

Verses 11 - 12

"But let all who take refuge in YOU be glad; let them ever sing for joy.

Spread Your protection over them, that those who love Your Name may rejoice in You.

For surely, O LORD, You bless the righteous; You surround them

with Your favor as with a shield.


God is concerned with every need you may have. My different friends need jobs, need provision, need miraculous healings and some need relational restoration.


God is able and He cares.


He already has the answer for each and every situation- for your situation also!


I challenge you to pray the Word of God over your situation. Allow Him to take that double-edged Sword and fight against the enemy to bring about His purposes in your life!


My hearts prayer is that you grow in Him today and that His Word is rich and alive in your hearts - producing 100 fold fruit in your spiritual life.


blessings,

dorinda

3 comments:

LAURIE said...

Wonderful post and an encouragement to my heart and soul. I have been praying Psalm 5 this week. :)

Crystal said...

So I am a little behind...but all I can say is THANKS! I needed to read this today! Love and miss you!

Treasure Seeker said...

crystal,
we miss you amd love you! i pray you are smack dab in the middle of the extravagant grace God is pouring out for you!
keep seeking him passionately!
love you!
dorinda