Wednesday, February 11, 2009

To tell the Truth.....

One of my favorite subjects to teach about is TRUTH.

In our culture, this absolute is fading into the fog of relevance in our society. But in our family and in our legacy I want to revive the spiritual necessity of praying for the revelation of TRUTH.

Truth -or its absence-has as much to do with our perception of the world around us as anything else we see, think, or know.

Think about it.
You are driving to work, and the little lady in front of you cuts you off.
You respond according to your "perception" of the truth that she is stupid and only thinking of her self.
The absolute TRUTH is that she just received a phone call that her teenage daughter is being rushed to the ER on life support because of an attempted suicide.

Or.....
Your child keeps telling you about this teacher that is "soooo mean"- and "the teacher just hates me mom!!!"
The absolute TRUTH is the teacher sees the brilliant mind in your child and wants to help push him so that he can succeed in life.

I could go on.
But I guess I am trying to say that sometimes we accept our "perception" of situations as TRUTH, when actually we are being deceived or manipulated by those around us.

One of the greatest deceptions is the one concerning our own value.
The enemy of our souls desperately wants us to believe in the negative worth of our value. He deceives us and manipulates situations so that our perception agrees with his lie.
But when we pray for the brilliance of God's absolute TRUTH to shine through, we can see God's TRUTH concerning the value He has so lovingly placed in our lives.

That is why God's Word has such powerful scriptures as:
"You shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH shall set you free."
"Guide me in Your TRUTH and teach me."

And that is why Jesus said so many times, "I tell you the TRUTH...."

My prayer is that each of us
KNOW HIS TRUTH- and you will gain the ultimate reality of HIS Kingdom.

blessings,
dorinda

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wonderful Truth is also my passion

Gail said...

I found your blog the other day and I enjoy it very much. Gods' truth is something I have been praying for. I can so easily believe the lies of the devil, but struggle with the truths of God. So your topic was exact timing for me.

Up Close said...

Hello! May God bless you and keep you and He may answer you prayers today! God bless!

Jennifer said...

You don't know how much I needed to read this today! The enemy loves to distort our view, value and self image. Many times, he uses others to do that for you...we must use His filter to see the TRUTH.

Love you!

Mary Beth said...

Great post, Dorinda. In today's youth and young adults "truth" is all relevant. No absolutes. Trust me... I have one. :-)

Steve and I try and instill this in our kids and all those under our influence just as you and Rusty do.

Keep it up.