Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Esther Blessing ~ For Such a Time as This

Wow! What a week I have had!

It has been almost a week since I posted on this blog, and trust me, I am about to burst at the seams!!!

For the past 8 months, blogging has been a heartfelt passion of expression for me ~ a release valve of sorts. And to go a whole week without sharing my heart is absolute torture!!!!

I've missed you guys!

Well, here is my heart today...................................................................................

I have been thinking about Queen Esther in the Bible. (Could you ever guess why?) :)

The popular phrase that Mordecai shares with her "And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" (Esther 4:17) rang in my mind as I watched one of my new favorite political figures.

For such a time as this.
I call this the Esther Blessing.

For such a time as this.
But you know what? We all have destinies. Some may not be as spotlighted as others, but all of us have our "such a time as this" moments.

Say, what?
Well, have you ever watched the delightful movie, "It's a Wonderful Life" ? The character George Bailey is shown the impact his seemingly insignificant life has had on those around him. I sometimes wish I could spotlight a person's life and let them see the impact they have on so many.

I am thinking right now of a lady I have never met. I don't even know her name, but I cannot tell you how thankful I am for the impact she has had on my life~ and therefore yours! (You are reading my blog, right??) :)

Who is she?
She is the unknown lady who invited my grandmother to her little pentecostal Assemblies of God church in Hickory Ridge, Arkansas in the 1940s. My grandmother had 2 little girls and knew she needed to be in church. She was searching for God. She had been invited to a church that was not founded upon the truth of Jesus Christ as the Son of God. The people there were very kind to her and she started attending that church of false doctrine regularly. One day a friend of my grandmother's invited her to her church- Hickory Ridge Assembly of God. They were having a revival and she wanted my grandmother to go with her.

My grandmother went and the rest is history. My future changed the moment my wonderful grandma asked Jesus into her heart.

So, are you living your life to make sure your are fulfilling your "moment"? The "such a time as this" moment?

Hmmmm.
For such a time as this!

I sure don't want to miss mine.

Oh, I doubt I will have the tiara on my head or the scepter in my hand, but who is to say that this keyboard is not my scepter and my pen is not my tiara?

All it takes is just one truth from God's Word and a person's life can be changed for eternity! It's not anything we do. We just submit to His purpose.

Here I am Lord! Use me!
Imperfections and all. I am right here!!!
Lord, you know I am not perfect (as God chuckles at the thought)
but I need You to infuse Your purpose,
Your anointing,
Your calling into my life and my destiny.
I want to make sure I show up for the "such a time as this" moment in my life!

The Esther Blessing~ For Such a time as this.....
My heart's prayer today is that YOU are living your moments for your destiny. Just take the small steps toward God and He does the rest. He directs our paths. He chooses our destinations. He even takes care of the detours.

"For such a time as this!" I want to live in the Esther Blessing!

Love you ladies! Go find your moment!

blessings,
dorinda

1 comment:

Joy Junktion said...

Great post.
We can all say that prayer on a regular basis. Asking our Father to use us and then taking those steps of faith.
Blessings, Cindy