Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11


I remember.
I remember where I was.
I remember what I was doing.
I remember.

I remember the fear.
I remember the panic.
I remember the emotions.

I remember holding my children close.
I remember weeping for hours.
I remember watching the news broadcast all day long.

I remember.

I remember hating.

Yes, I just said that.

I remember loving.

I remember.

I remember the comfort and assurance I felt when President Bush took charge of the horrific situation.

I am thankful.

I am thankful for a God Who is in control no matter what evil men decide to do.
I am thankful for a Savior Who loved me enough to die for me.
I am thankful for a Lord Who loves me enough to chastise me when I hate.
I am thankful for a Christ Who sends His Holy Spirit Who has the Power to change me.

I am thankful for a country that stands up for what is right.
I am thankful for leadership who goes after the bad guys.


I am thinking.
I am thinking if 9/11 were to happen next year, who our President will be.
I am thinking of which candidate would be able to defend our country and keep our nation safe.

I remember.
I will not forget.
I am thankful.
I will remember with a thankful heart.
I remember.
I will not forget.
I will not become complacent and allow the sleepiness of apathy overtake my sense of civic responsibility.
I will remember.
I will not forget.

blessings,
dorinda

God Bless America
Words and music by Irving Berlin
© Copyright 1938, 1939 by Irving Berlin
© Copyright Renewed 1965, 1966 by Irving Berlin
© Copyright Assigned to the Trustees of the God Bless America Fund
International Copyright Secured. All Rights Reserved.
Used by Permission


"While the storm clouds gather far across the sea,
Let us swear allegiance to a land that's free,
Let us all be grateful for a land so fair,
As we raise our voices in a solemn prayer. "

God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her, and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains, to the prairies,
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, My home sweet home.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful.

Joy Junktion said...

We all remember.
I love the way your wrote this.
And the way you are looking into our future and seeking God.