Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Discerning What is Best

Good morning!
Oh my goodness. My heart is still so full of joy and happiness. God is so good to me. I am blessed beyond measure for all of the blessings He has given to me!

I have so much on my heart this week and have like a gazillion things I want to write about. There has been an earthquake in China - not too far from where we were a year ago- and not too far from Mia's orphanage. (Please pray for these precious people!) Two of my wonderful children have birthdays this week and I hope I get to remember back on the beauty of their births, but today, God is really speaking to my heart from His Word. I want to share that with you.

Discerning What is Best

Sometimes we find ourselves in situations in which we aren't sure what to do, or how to handle. We seek God's perfect will and plan- only to feel like He is silent. Have you been there? I have. In those situations, I just wish I could sent a text message saying, "Lord, here I am. Could you let me know 'yes' or 'no' on this deal? Thnx!"

I was reading my Bible this morning and was drawn to Philippians 1.
Philippians 1:9
"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ - to the glory and praise of God."

His answer for us is right here! To be able to "discern what is best" we must pray that our love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight.

Hmmmmmm. Knowing God's will is wrapped up in self-sacrifice! Ouch! That is so contrary to what our humanity wants to believe.

Please print this verse out and set it on your desk or your counter top. Meditate on it for the next few weeks. Let the word get digested way down in your spirit man. (I do this with verses sometimes for weeks and months at a time. I am continually amazed at how God speaks to me from a simple verse for so long.)

Next, dwell on Romans 12:1,2
"Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.

God is amazing and awesome and He desires for you to know and live in the perfection of His plan for your life. (Jeremiah 29:11). But He will not force us to do the things He has planned for us. We must seek Him and follow Him with our every breath and every step- laying aside our plans for our life.

Meditate on His word. Breathe in His presence. Discern what is His best.

Love you all!
blessings,
dorinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is good!!!