Monday, December 15, 2008

The Extra-Ordinary!

In my devotion time this morning I read Ephesians 3~ another one of my favorite scriptures.

I wanted to share with you today what God spoke into my spirit.


Prayer for the Ephesians

14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. 20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


I especially love verses 20 and 21:

Now to Him who is able to do

Immeasurably more

than ALL we

ASK or

IMAGINE

~ according to ~

HIS power

that is at work

WITHIN us,

to Him be glory in the CHURCH and in Christ Jesus

throughout ALL generations,

for ever and ever,

Amen.


When you stop to think about this verse, it can catch you off guard!


God WANTS to do the Extra-Ordinary in YOUR life!


We have dreams.

We have desires.

We have goals.


He is able to do IMMEASURABLY MORE

than we can even ask for~

but it doesn't stop there.


He is able to do IMMEASURABLY MORE

than we can even imagine.


God goes beyond your "wildest dreams".

He goes farther than your "secret desires".


He does the Extra-Ordinary!


All because He wants to lavish His love upon you!


Wow!

I hope that ministers to your spirit like it did to mine today.


I pray His Word sinks down into your soul and spirit and produces a hundred fold in your life!


Blessings to you and yours during this Wonderful Christmas season!

dorinda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I needed this today, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
Tanya

Beth in NC said...

I love those scriptures too Dorinda. And it is almost impossible to wrap our minds around "MORE THAN WE CAN IMAGINE" ...

Thank you for sharing!

Bless you!
Beth