Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a lot Like Christmas!


The turkey has been eaten.
The dressing stuffed and gone.
The energetic neighbors drag out the tree and lights.

One by one the drab houses come alive with the sparkle and twinkle of the festive lights.


It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!


But, that's NOT what I'm talking about....


What about that first Christmas?
You know.
The REAL one with a real expectant mother and an anxious husband.
The first Christmas when the greatest gift of all was given.


How did anyone know that Christmas was coming?

Well, they didn't actually know it would be "Christmas", but I would say that "this" was the first "sign" of the first Christmas! :)
The package was doubly wrapped!
In human flesh and in a mother's womb.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
............................................................
Another LOOK at Christmas tomorrow!
~ hopefully tomorrow. :) My blog rate hasn't been very predicatble lately, but we shall see.
blessings,
dorinda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this, it's really great. It's wonderful to read such encouraging words, especially in the lead up to Christmas. Karyn
www.christiancupid.com

Lisa Smith said...

Hi and thanks for stopping by my blog. Yours is so interesting and I love your beautiful family and I love your heart! I'll be back.

Jennifer said...

I love the way you took us back in time to the "real" first Christmas.

Without the birth of Jesus...we wouldn't have a Christmas to celebrate. What a gift!

Beth in NC said...

That is really sweet. I have always gotten so emotional at Christmas, especially when I see someone pregnant.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Visit often.

God bless you!