Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Fairy Tale still Lives!

Every little girl dreams about it at some point or another.

She reads a fairy tale and the day dreaming begins. She pictures herself riding off into the sunset with Prince Charming.

Then she becomes a teenager and the daydreams just take on more realistic fantasies. Maybe the boy who sits in front of her in class, or the school jock or the cute pop star....

Then she grows up and maybe~ just maybe~ she meets the REAL Prince Charming.

Most don't .
A few might.
Fewer do.
I DID!
and ....... 25 years ago today I married him!


It is hard to believe, but I still have the fairytale.
yep!

I still get goosebumps when he winks at me.
We flirt with text messages.
We hold hands in the park.
He opens my door for me.
He gives me his coat when I am cold (even when the wind is blowing giants gusts of cold air in Washington D.C. ~ and he is freezing).

He IS the epitome of the gallant chivalrous knight.
He IS my Prince Charming.
He is the most amazing husband,
the most handsome man,
an awesome father,
a great, loving pastor,
and
He is
the
Love of My Life~forever and always!

Rusty Blann, I will renew my vows to you today.

I will do it over and over again.

You ARE the love of my life and

I love you more today than I ever thought possible when I said "I Do".

Thank you for loving me with an unconditional love.

Thank you for being the Priest, Provider, and Protector of our family.

Thank you for being the amazing man of God that you are!

You live what you preach and I respect and admire you more than you can ever know!

Thank you for being YOU!

I love you with all of me!

dorinda

10 comments:

Michele Williams said...

Bless you both! I met the love of my life over 35 years ago... we are married for 34 years! My husband is a pastor as well. It is an interesting life to say the least! Blessings to you...

Bogie said...

Wow! This is such an inspiring post. God Bless you and your husband!

Mary Beth said...

Congratulations! I guess I didn't remember that you were married during Christmas break? Where did you live at school afterwards?

Our 25th is in June. I remember when my parents celebrated their 25th and I thought they were so old! WE are NOT old sistah!

Gotta go... my legs are falling asleep from sitting to long... and my back hurts... and OOOO... I was gonna do something... but I have forgotten what that was.

LAURIE said...

Happy Anniversary! The adventure is just beginning. May you be blessed with another 25 and more....love ya, Laurie

LAURIE said...

Happy Anniversary! The adventure is just beginning. May you be blessed with another 25 and more....love ya, Laurie

Beth said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations!

Jennifer said...

Happy Anniversary! Both your post today and Pastor Rusty's made me cry...joyful tears!

May God bless you with another 25 years of wedded bliss!

I love you guys so much and you both mean the word to me!

We love you,
Jennifer, Roger and Tyler

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Awww so sweet! Happy Anniversary

Treasure Seeker said...

thanks for your congrats! you are all so sweet. and yes - we have had a "wonderful life" and will do so for as many years as God allows.

yes mary beth- that was when i lived on the other end of the hall. not many at cbc knew we were getting married because we joined the ranks of those working 40 hours a week and going to classes every once in a while. :)

after we got married we lived in some apartments off of north street... was about 2 blocks from the corner of kearney and glenstone. we were little newlywed hermits. :)

i didn't go back to school after we got married... i was burned out of school. i went 3 semesters and left with 60 hours of credit....
yes... 20 hours per semester... ugh!
we married in december of 83 and left for arkansas in may of 84.

did you guys go back to school after getting married?

Karen said...

Congratulations!! Alan and I celebrated our 25th in September. I appreciate the example you set for me and others.

Stilling loving my man,

Karen