Monday, January 12, 2009

Disappointment

Disappointment


It seems to be such a sad word~ sometimes much sadder than at other times.

Sometimes we are disappointed in people.
Sometimes we are disappointed in situations.
Sometimes we are disappointed in God.
~ honestly.

Ooops! Did I just say that? Yes, I did.
I don’t like to admit it, but I have been disappointed in God before.

Like the time I was believing for money to buy groceries.
We ate oatmeal for a week instead.

Like the years I prayed for a baby.
I had to wait a while.

Like the time I prayed for a miraculous healing of a young single mother with two little boys.
She died holding my hand.

Disappointment

We don’t always get what we pray for when we want it.

Does that mean God has failed us?
Never!

Does that mean God doesn't care for us?
Never!

Does that mean that God doesn't love us?
Never!

Rusty and I have a saying:
Faith says “God can”.
Hope says “God will”.
Trust says “I will serve Him still”.


Even in my disappointment, I have to know that I know that I know that God is God.
Hee is a good God and “every good and perfect gift comes from Him.”
He has my best interest at heart and He knows ultimately what is best for me
~ in the small things and in the big things.

Trust
Trust should always be holding the hand of our disappointment.

If we face disappointment without the truthful face of Trust, we might find ourselves embracing bitterness.


Disappointment~Trust

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us. Romans 5:1-4

To you, O LORD , I lift up my soul; in you I trust, O my God. Do not let me be put to shame, nor let my enemies triumph over me. No one whose hope is in you will ever be put to shame, but they will be put to shame who are treacherous without excuse. Psalm 25: 1-3


Blessings to you today!
dorinda

(Please continue to remember my daughter and family. They are DESPERATELY needing to find a renter for the house on Capitol Hill in D.C. We know God has a plan~ we just want His Way in His Time and His Will.)


2 comments:

Beth in NC said...

That is beautiful Dorinda. I think the times I've been disappointed with God is when I have misunderstood His plan. Yep -- totally missed the boat! :o)

You're right, God is faithful.

I do pray God brings someone to rent your daughter's home ASAP.

Love,
Beth

Carolyn said...

Thank you, Dorinda, for this wonderful post. It has helped me so much this week. Blessings, Carolyn