Monday, January 5, 2009

In the Beginning.....

A new year.
A fresh start.
A chance to start over with all of those goals and resolutions that didn't happen last year.

My wonderful husband preached two sermons yesterday that challenged me ~ like REALLY challenged me. (It hasn't been uploaded to the website yet, but check back at the church's website later. You gotta hear it!)

So, I have been thinking.....

A new year is like a blank page.
My decisions are the pen.

The final story will depend upon my decisions and actions.

So, what story do I begin with?
Will it be one of happiness and fulfillment?
Will it be one of regrets and sorrow?

Circumstances matter little in the story of my life.

How?

Because I am given resources by my Creator to deal with each circumstance that comes my way!
So~ I must make decisions in each circumstance to write my story.

How do I deal with the unpleasant circumstances?
My decisions write the story.
How do I deal with the happy circumstances?
My decisions write the story.

Should Jesus wait another year to return, December 31, 2009, will reveal my story.

My prayer?
That Jesus says, "Well done my good and faithful servant!"

Lord, may my life please you today and all of my tomorrows.
May I live a life that reflects YOU in every decision, every word, and every thought.
May the hurting people around me, see YOU in me and want what I have~ which is YOU.
May the broken see that YOU alone can restore them.
May the seeking realize that YOU alone have what they are searching for.
May I be that light that points others to YOU.

At the end of my life's story, I hope each of you will be able to say, "I saw Jesus in her."

So, here I go......

"In the beginning....."

blessings!
dorinda

What story evolves depends on my decisions and my actions.

2 comments:

Robin Hicks said...

Amen! I love the analogy. A blank page and my decisions are my pen. I will remember that!

Bogie said...

Your post is so inspiring. Continue to inspire others... continue to be a blessing. God Bless!