Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finders Keepers!

It never fails~ when I am running late (which is often), I can't seem to find my keys or my purse, or most often my cell phone.

Ugggghhhh!

Makes me wish I was one of those OCD people that have complete control over everything! But the irony is, in our family I am the best "finder".

If someone misplaces something, they call for me to find it.
~Like a missing sock, or shoe, or brush, or even the valuable ball glove.

Why? Because I look diligently for the missing item.

I am especially diligent when it is important to me!

That reminds me of Jeremiah 29:13:
"You will seek me and find me WHEN you seek me with ALL your heart."

We will find God only when it is the most important thing to us.
All other priorities have to be set aside.
All distractions must be dismissed.
God will be found when we recognize our need for Him and when we desire Him.

Wow!

So, how about it?
Seek Him with EVERYTHING inside of you!
Stop letting the business of life take away from a vibrant and real relationship with Him.
Make Him your top priority over everything else.

"Seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." Matthew 6:33

Finders Keepers!

Blessings!
dorinda

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Just what I needed today! One of those days ... one of those weeks ... wait, it's been one of those months!!! Thanks!