Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spilled Milk

I was in a hurry this morning.

My schedule has been a little crazy lately and I haven't been in my office for decades it seems. I wanted to blog before the day got rolling.

I was quite proud of myself, because I was about to walk out the door a good 30 minutes early. To reward myself, I had already decided on a wonderful Large Diet Coke from McDs.

My peacock proud self was turning to grab my computer and other bags when I heard a rather loud "splat!"

I whirled around to see chocolate milk everywhere, and I do mean everywhere.

"Don't cry over spilled milk." ~ Yeah, right.

I don't know where it came from. I don't know how it fell. But I do know that it when from one side of my dining area to the next~ and even up the wall four feet away!

I groaned because I wondered if I would get that sparkly and fizzy ice cold diet coke....

So, I put a little hurry in my steps to make it all possible. I am wiping away at the chocolate milk that spread further with every swipe of my hand.

"OOOOOoooooooffff!"

"How did it spill so quickly - and was there a whole udder full of milk in that little cup??!!!!"

Being careful not to get the milk on my work clothes, I squatted on my feet rather than getting on my knees.

What is the other cliche?

"Haste makes waste" ???

Stepping forward to get those puddles way underneath the table, the inevitable for Dorinda happened.

Second "splat" for the day.

Except this time it wasn't milk, it was me!!!

And~ it wasn't a pretty sight!

My boots, slipped on the wet floor, my feet went one direction, my head the other, and there I was wallowing in pools of chocolate milk.

Can I type a bigger OOOOOOOOOOooooooooofffffffffffffffffffff!!!!???~ with a thunderous roll of laughter?

:)

So, I s-l-0-w-l-y pick myself up - out of the milk- and carefully position myself to not repeat that "splat".

I methodically finish my chore.

Hmmmmmmm....

Sometimes we just need to slow down and enjoy our moments.

Who knows?

Might I have encountered a careless driver?

Maybe I would have been the careless one?

Maybe, just maybe, I needed to be reminded that

In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

"A cheerful heart is good medicine...." Proverbs 17:22

Well, maybe I just needed to give one of you a good laugh today. :)

I don't care, I'm used to it! I have so many goofy things happen to me, that if I told them all, you would think I made them up! ha!

I pray you have a blessed day and that each of your days, you stop to allow Him control of every little thing~ even if it includes 15 minutes of cleaning up spilled milk!

blessings!

dorinda

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

Oh Dorinda. I'm glad you didn't get hurt! What a mess. Yuck. Too bad you didn't take a picture of you rolling in the chocolate milk. lol NOW THAT would have been a good blog shot. Ha. Seriously -- I'm glad you're ok!

Jennifer said...

First, let me say that I'm glad you didn't hurt yourself when you went "splat" but now....hehehehehe...oops...sorry! I can't help myself because I have the whole Dorinda visual!

Thanks for making me laugh after a long, hectic day of trying to put the finishing touches on the golf tournament.

Love you!!!

Unknown said...

I love it! Reminds me of yesterday when I was going out the door for work and I could not find my car keys. I went through my purse, all through the kitchen, my bedroom, the bathroom, out to the car, back in the house and was about to stomp my foot when I put my hand in the pocket of my jacket and guess what - my keys were there. Right where I put them, mind you? I did make it through McD's to get sweet tea on my way.

My sister (Robbie) said she enjoyed seeing you in Branson last week. She says you are a "hoot" and so much fun to be around.

Thanks for sharing!
Lynn