Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Promise from God

Isaiah 55
8 "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD . 9 "As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.
10 As the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
and do not return to it without watering the earth
and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields
seed for the sower and bread for the eater,
11 so is my word that goes out from my mouth:
It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire
and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.
12 You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills will burst into song before you,
and all the trees of the field will clap their hands.
13 Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree,
and instead of briers the myrtle will grow.
This will be for the LORD's renown,
for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed."
I was on my way to an appointment this morning when a friend texted me and wanted to know where this verse was. I pulled into the parking lot and did a quick search on my phone and sent the reference back.
I read the entire passage while sitting in my car.... over and over again.
My~ God's Word IS powerful and active and sharper than any two-edged sword! *Heb. 4:12
Why don't you just scroll right back up there and soak that passage in, cause you know- if you are like me you just skimmed right over it.... :)
See?!
The Word of God is like a seed planted in our hearts and it WILL accomplish what God sends it to accomplish!
That is a Promise!
So, moms and dads, grandmas and grandpas, friends and family hang on to your britches - 'cause this applies to your lost child, grandchild, friend and family member!
Pray that promise through! Did your unsaved loved one have the Word of God read to them as a child? Did your friend, living in bondage, once have a passionate relationship with God?
Pray Isaiah 55:11 over your loved one every day. Claim the Promise God has given you in this verse. Read it. Study it. Memorize it! Let God's Word sink way down deep into your spirit man~ and make the devil run scared!
This is your promise! So stand on it and believe it!
blessings!
dorinda

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much, my sweet friend! You can't imagine how much you mean to me and how much I value your friendship. You are there when I need you and I can depend on your to pray for Brandon.

I needed to read this today...check out my post today...if you haven't.

Love you!!!

Sande said...

Seed for the sower AND bread for the eater!!!!!

Sowing first, eating second. Hmmmmmm

Darlene said...

Jennifer sent me here to read this post. My daughters name is Andrea and she is running from God, our family and anyone who tries to reach out to her..to lead her back to what is right. Just plain out rebellion. I know that she is getting desperate because of some things I am hearing. I believe this is part of God's plan. But, oh how I am hurting for her right now. I am going to read this scripture over again and do has you said "stand on it and believe it"!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Please add Joseph to your prayers! My prayer today was for God to grab his hand and lead him in the right direction. I spoke to Joseph after praying and he was making these huge plans without any thought of consequences or stability. He is 22 years old. He was taught as a child. I have prayed for him every single day of his life. God was once so real to him and now he is a distant someone. My daily prayer is that he chooses God and turns his life around. An appropriate blog for me today. Thanks, as always for sharing.
-Lynn