Monday, August 11, 2008

Cross Country

(I can't believe the first time I posted this I misspelled Country for County! oooooffff!!!!) :)

Most of you who know me, know that our daughter and her family are moving to D.C. at the first of September.




I am so excited for them, but at the same time, this Noni's heart is very sad.



Excited that Brad and Glenda are following a dream God has placed in their heart.
Sad that my daughter and family will be SOOOOO far away!



But, I don't think I have ever been prouder of my daughter. Oh, I know some parents take pride in their children's career choices and the amount of cash they rake in, but to see my child walk in faith puts a gleam in my smile.



They aren't just taking a walk in faith, Brad and Glenda are standing on the ledge of comfort and security and are leaping off into the deep canyon of faith. No parachute. No safety net. Just a leap into the unknown. Unknown except for the fact that they KNOW their heavenly Father will be right there for them to fall in His arms and His provision.



Please go to Glenda's blog for more information and prayer points. This mom asks you to fervently pray for them, and if God nudges your heart, you may support their ministry endeavor monthly. Financial support from family and friends will make the majority of their income for the next year.



blessings to you as you pray fervently for my daughter, son-in-law, and two granddaughters,


dorinda

2 comments:

LAURIE said...

As a momma who has had to let 2 of my kids "go" this year as they ventured out, very far out, in the world - I would like to encourage you today that there is such sweet peace in knowing your kids are in Gods hands and in His will. God will meet every need that Brad and Glenda have and He will give you peace and comfort in knowing they are doing Gods will.

blessings, Laurie

Anonymous said...

awe, i know it's hard to let go, but what a blessing to have children who will follow Christ, no matter what the cost!!! You are blessed and a blessing!!!