Sunday, August 24, 2008

Saying Goodbye

This is a week of Goodbyes.

I don't like any of them.

All of them are in God's hands. All of them are painful. All are temporary.

Youth are leaving for college.

Brad and Glenda are moving to D.C.

The McCauls are moving to Texas.

Carmen went to see Jesus.


Goodbyes are hardly ever fun, especially when you enjoy the friendship, but I like the "goodbyes" that actually mean, "see ya later".

I will see my family again, not just as often.

I will see the McCauls again~ eventually.

I will see Carmen again in heaven.


The finality of Carmen's life on this earth is painful. She was the same age as my daughter. Glenda has 2 little girls. Carmen has 2 little boys.

She leaves behind a loving family, mom and dad, sister, grandparents, and many, many friends.

But she is in the presence of Jesus!
"I can only imagine, what it will be like".

The song is playing in my mind as I picture Carmen's sweet smile.

Goodbyes.

See ya later.

I like "see ya later" so much better.

So, how about you? If you were to die today, where would you spend eternity?

If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, believe He is the Son of God, and confess your sins, then I will see you some day in Heaven.

If you have not accepted the fact that He died for you, then you have rejected Him and have an eternal home in hell. Hell was not prepared for mankind. It was prepared Satan and his demons.

Today, it is my prayer that we have a "see ya later" relationship. So, "goodbye" for now, but I truly hope to see you in Heaven someday.

See ya later!
dorinda

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

My heart is heavy this morning also...I think you summed up part of the reason behind my heaviness. I don't have family moving off, but I do have one entering 9th grade and time is flying by. I have another child that I'm not sure where he is a the moment because I haven't heard from him in a couple of weeks. The thing that I do know is that where ever he is, he's not living for Jesus and therefore, my heart is hurting because I want to be able to spend eternity with all my children...one day. Since we're not guaranteed another second...time is of the essence...I want him walking in fellowship with my Lord and Savior because he might not get another chance. Even though, I don't know where he is physically...Jesus knows exactly where he is and my prayers can reach out to him no matter where he is or how hard he runs from the truth. Pray for him, please.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Such beautiful, beautiful words and truth...painful, yet comforting..

Thank you also for the kind comments on my blog...no, I've never written a book and don' see it happening...at least not anytime soon...but thank you for thinking of me in that way.