Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm Ba-ack!

Wow! Before last week, my husband and I had never been on a cruise! - What were we thinking?????
To celebrate our 25 years of marriage we decided to take a cruise rather than the mucho grande trip to Europe we had always planned.
I do believe we made the right decision!
No phone.
No dishes.
No cooking.
No laundry.
And not even a bunch of sight seeing. Just 2 shore excursions that were VERY laid back and included beaches and sunshine and siestas!
Just pure total relaxation and pampering.
We had an absolute amazing time! And we shared the time with our dear friends who were celebrating their 25th Anniversary also.
We laughed and laughed like a bunch of school kids!

I have to say that being married to Rusty Blann for 25 years has been a blessing I cannot even begin to describe. He is my best friend and my soul mate~ and he is a man of integrity, character, wisdom and compassion. I am a MUCH better person because of his influence in my life. I am blessed beyond measure.
I look forward to spending my next 25 years by his side - and on into eternity!
After being on a cruise ship for a week, I have decided that I like THAT life - you know- the lazy life:
Cabin stewards to make your bed, clean your room and awaiting your beckon and call.
Waiters and deck stewards to bring you a cool beverage (diet coke and water) whenever you decide you are thirsty.
24 Hour buffet and food service! (Can you say POUNDS?)
Then, reality slapped us in the face. :0)
A good reality - and my reality.....
Freezing temperatures and snow!
Dishes in the sink.
Mountains of laundry.
Hyper kids. (Love this one!)
and - I had to fix my own diet coke! ha!
The fact is - it was good to get away with my husband for some great relaxation.
The better fact is - I love my life and was VERY glad to get back to reality - even if it means I am now the cabin steward, cook, and laundry girl. I love my life and wouldn't change a thing - except maybe I would add more sunshine. :0)
May you love your life and enjoy all the blessings God has for you by plunging into His abundant and extravagant grace and forgiveness!
blessings,
dorinda

3 comments:

Beth in NC said...

It sounds (and looks) like you had such a wonderful time! Maybe we will do this one day too. Our 20th anniversary is in November!

Welcome home.

Love,
Beth

Jennifer said...

Glad you guys had a great time and are home again!!!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Mary Beth said...

Cruising is the WAY to go. Steve loves them for the very reasons you stated... you are away from everything and can just relax and be lazy!

Looks like you had a fabulous time. Our 25th is in June. Isn't amazing how we married so young to be already married for that long! What were we... like 14?