Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Paul's Prayer for Spiritual Empowering

It is so good to be back and have internet again!!!

My goodness! But.... I have to say that being without internet in the backwoods of Eastern Arkansas brings a family together.

During Spring Break we went to a cabin. We had such a great relaxing time. The kids had a blast. There were trails to climb and vines to swing from.... even my dad got out there and scared us all to death!! Memories were sure made!

One of the good things about going to the boonies is that you appreciate civilization so much when you get back! :)

While I was catching up on all of my emails and facebook messages, I was drawn to pray for several of my friends. When God lays someone on my heart to pray for them, I like to pray the Word of God over them.

Today, I posted a facebook vi-devotional (my word for it) on this scripture, Ephesians 3:14-19.

14 When I think of the wisdom and scope of God's plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, 15the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. 16I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. 17And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love. 18And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. 19May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
20Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us, he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. 21May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen.

Wow! What a scripture!
Here are a few highlights I see:

1) His UNLIMITED resources are the source of mighty inner strength He wants to give to me - and you!
2) Christ wants to feel "at home" in our hearts. That happens as we trust in Him.
3) God's love is wide, long, high and deep.
4) God's love is so wide, long, high and deep that we will never fully understand it.
5) But, as we strive to learn about His infinite love we will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.

Now chew on that for a while! :)

Isn't God just absolutely amazing!?
I pray you find His amazing love and mercy today.

blessings,
dorinda

No comments: