Tuesday, March 3, 2009

In the Swing of Things

Wow! Getting back into the swing of things after a week of TOTAL relaxation is rather difficult.

I keep looking for the little guy to come clean my room.....
And as my friend Melanie texted me the other night.... "I CAN'T FIND THE BUFFET!"

Cooking and cleaning and taxi cab driving is back in full force - but my brain is still jello! It's like I am walking around in a daze.... "Now, what is it I'm supposed to be doing?"

But non-the-less, we are surviving. And it is good!

As I was looking back over my pictures, -the ones of other people sun bathing - :) I thought about laying out on the beach.

The sun felt so warm and cozy- not too hot, and definitely not cold. The breeze was just perfect. Right about the time we would start to get uncomfortably warm, a gentle breeze would stir and it felt like cool satin on our tanning hides.

But as the day progressed, we would re-position our chairs to follow the sun so our "tans" would be even. Every thirty minutes or so we would turn a few more degrees west.

The thought hit me, "it's kind of like that in our walk with God." To stay in His warmth and His rays, we need to move as He moves. Sometimes we act like God is never going to do anything different. We just sit in the SONshine, basking in His presence, but we don't move when He moves.

What happens? We get unbalanced in our evidence of being in His presence. Sun tanned on one side but not the other.

We have to re-position ourselves to make sure we are constantly aligned directly - centered - with Him.

hmmmmmm......

Does that make sense to you? If you don't move, it doesn't mean you are not a Christian. It just means that you are not allowing yourself to be "even" under His rays.

I don't know about you but I don't want to have a streaked "tan" when it comes to my relationship with Christ.

"Lord, help me to move when you do. Help me to align myself front and center in your perfect will and to be balanced in all I do."

I pray you have a wonderful day basking in His glorious presence - and get an even "tan"!

blessing!
dorinda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am amazed at how I read these and feel a connection every time you post. I relate to most and I really don't want to have a "streaked" tan in my relationship with Christ, although I fear that I would be lacking in the "well done" category if the Lord were to come back today. My prayer is to be more like Him and less like the world. Have a great day. - Lynn

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Wonderful thoughts Dorinda!!!