Monday, April 7, 2008

The Joy of Fellowship!

Ok. Today my heart is so full, I could still just shout, jump, and dance!!!!


We hosted the very first Ladies Weekend at our church- and it was wonderful! I told the ladies that I just wanted a time where we were able to worship and fellowship together without the demands of our busy lives pulling on us.


The presence of God was so real! Hearts and lives were touched and women were refreshed! We also had a blast!!!!


I laughed. I cried. I hugged. I worshiped. I prayed. I interceded.


I don't think words can express all things that happened this weekend. It wasn't just another "Ladies Retreat". It wasn't just another conference. It was the beginning of the joy of fellowship that happens when sisters in the Lord come together in the spirit of unity.


The New Testament Greek word for that spirit of unity and fellowship is koininia. It means intimate fellowship and communion. We had that this weekend!


I am so thankful to God in heaven who has blessed us and allowed us to have this special weekend! But if you are in the area and you missed it! = We are having it again!


Thank you Beloved Mama for your prayers!
Thank you Angelia Carpenter for ministering the Word so powerfully!~ and for being a GREAT State WM Director and precious friend!
Thank you to each of our pastors' wives for being wonderful and awesome always, and in your sessions!
Thank you Karate Woman for sharing your humor!
Thank you God in heaven for meeting us at our point of need! You, Father, are able to do - exceedingly, abundantly above all that we could even ask or think!

Jesus is- MORE THAN ENOUGH!
Hallelujah and Amen!

Have a wonderful day!
blessings and prayers!

dorinda

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wonderful!!! I did pray as the Lord led and I'm so glad He moved!!!!

I also want to see if I can make you one of my permanent prayer team members...The requests are rolling in and I can't pray alone...What this means is that as the requests come in, I will not only post them, but also email my 5 prayer team ladies. My hope is that these 5 ladies will in turn pass the requests on to their support system, prayer team or prayer list...I know that you are a very busy Pastor's wife...but also a great woman of prayer... Many of these people are unable to share their needs with their closest friends and family and pour out their hearts to me...trusting I will pray...BUT I need help and I need to know others are carrying a bit of the burden :o)