Thursday, April 10, 2008

My fingers have sat motionless on the keyboard. I didn't know which direction to take my blog this morning.

Lord, who are You wanting to speak to this morning?
Is it the woman whose daughter is struggling with an eating disorder?
Is it the one whose marriage is crumbling before her eyes?
Is it the one whose son is bound by the stronghold of homosexuality?
Lord, is it the one who just received word that her husband is terminally ill?
Or, the one who is watching her infant child struggle for each breath in a NICU unit?

O, God in heaven! Please hear our prayers!
These are real women with very real needs. They need the Omnipotent God to speak His Word - His victorious Word to their situation!

I wait for You to direct and guide. I just don't know Lord! There are so many needs, so many people who need a fresh Word from You!

I find my favorite Bible. My mind is thinking of a passage in Psalms and another in Isaiah. I open the sweet pages and my eye falls to an underlined passage I haven't read in a while.

The chapter opens with:
"Lord, I have heard of your fame;
I stand in awe of your deeds, O Lord.
Renew them in our day, in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy." ~ Habakkuk 3:2 NIV

Wow!
Well, that is where we are Lord. Some people know You can do great things. They know you are a great God, but have they seen Your power in their lives, in their situations?

Oh, my God in heaven! Renew Your great deeds in our day~ today, Lord!

The chapter goes on to tell of some of the great things God has done- how Mighty- how Awesome He is!
The part my eyes fell upon was this:
"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,

YET I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights."
Habakkuk 3:17-19 NIV

YET, I will rejoice in the Lord.

Even though.
In the midst of.
While enduring.
YET.

I may not see any changes. I may not feel any different. I may see even more depravity.
Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord.

My heart's prayer is that our Lord will renew His great deeds in all of these situations.
Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be joyful in God my Savior! The Sovereign Lord is my strength!

Sovereign - according to Webster- one who exercises supreme authority, one who is unlimited, excellent, and most powerful.

He is Sovereign to me means, He does (because He can) what He wants, and what He wants is what is best for all situations.

Yet, I will rejoice in the Lord.
Yet, I will rejoice (while I trust) in the Lord.

How is your Yet?

Trust Him! You won't be disappointed!

I proclaim life, blessing, deliverance, healing, peace and restoration through the power of the blood of Jesus applied to your situation right now!
The power of His Word is strong enough to fulfill the promises of His Word.

God is greater than ANYTHING!

Ephesians 3:20 (read it in the KJV!)

blessings and prayers!
love you all,
dorinda

No comments: