Friday, April 11, 2008

Uniquely Different

My kids have been home from school the last couple of days with miserable cases of poison ivy. (Angelia! - Did your kids get into it also!? - If so, I am sooo sorry!) My son's is the worse with blisters on his face, neck and most of his arms. Ugh! I am compassionate and sympathetic for the most part from a distance. :)

My early bird baby, gets to the tv before the other two. This morning I came into the family room to see Winnie the Pooh on.

Tigger was bouncing excitedly.
Eeyore was not realizing his own potential and abilities.
Piglet was a little fearful but always kind and considerate.
Rabbit was bossing but getting lots of stuff done.
And Pooh, well Pooh, was just being Pooh.

Why do I notice that? Because I have been looking over my last several posts and I think that if a reader does not know me they might think that I am an Eeyore or maybe even a Piglet personality.

Actually, I am a Tigger , but lately my heart has been so burdened for friends and family that are experiencing the tough times life has to offer. I think, even in the midst of grief and sorrow we need to have a good belly laugh, though.

So, just to get every one to smile today - let's laugh at ourselves!
Here's what I need you to do. I am going to put some questions down, and I need you to respond in the comment form - as honestly as possible. :) Let us see the real Unique You!

Questions:
1) Who do you most resemble? Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Rabbit, or Pooh

2) Can you give us an example of how you resemble that character?

3) Who do you wish you were more like? Tigger, Eeyore, Piglet, Rabbit, or Pooh

4) What is your most embarrassing moment?

5) What is the craziest thing you have ever done?

6) What makes you laugh (a good belly laugh) the most?

7) If you have a spouse, which character are they?

8) If you are single, which character do you want them to be? :)

Okay - here are my answers:

1) As I said, I am a Tigger.

2) Well, the Tigger part is easy. I get excited and jump up and down and squeal! I love to have fun and have to make myself get serious and down to business. I am also, probably the world's biggest klutz!

3) Well, I need to work on my planning abilities like Rabbit. The only aspect I have of Rabbits is that I can sure voice opinion to tell other's what they need to do. :) I need the motivation in my planning- but would like the tact and kindness of Pooh and Piglet. :)

4) Someone please tell me why I asked this question?!!!! My most embarrassing moment- well, let's see, which ones do I sort out first. Yes, my friend, there are numerous ones! Okay, umm, when I was in high school and walking to work on a beautiful spring day in my new white pants and shirt. I left the school parking lot, cut across the ditch for a short cut, and slipped - well, fell face first is a little more accurate- into the ditch - in front of God and the whole student body. Or was my most embarrassing moment when I worked at a bank in Searcy? I was the account representative for our customers who had "multiple cds" = "lots of moo la". One of our "best" customers came to my window. Sitting on my stool, I leaned over to exchange his currency, and the next thing I know, I am face first in the floor. How do you recover from either one of these with dignity?? You don't! You just have to face the fact that graceful- you are not! :)

5) The craziest thing I have ever done ..... Again - this is in my way younger years... Had a Chinese fire drill - without putting the car in park- having to chase my parent's car down the road.... (Mom and Dad, I have told you about this haven't I?)

6) I get a good belly laugh from the crazy things my family does. Sometimes it's the individual moments you don't always remember, but the single unexpected hilarious antic erupts into deep, heartfelt laughter!

7) My sweet wonderful spouse is a mixture of Rabbit, Eeyore, and Pooh. My spouse is just about as perfect as they come! He is in charge when he needs to be. He is unassuming like Eeyore (not negative though)- he has so many wonderful qualities that sometimes he just doesn't see in himself. He is steady and encouraging like Pooh.

To bring all of this to a spiritual thought:

God made each of us uniquely different. Everyone has a different personality combination, a spiritual gift, and unique passions and experiences. God did not make any mistakes. He made each person a certain way for a purpose!
I used to wish I didn't get so hyper in front of people. I wanted to be calm, cool, and collected like my husband. One time after a bout of nervous, hyper activity, I was chiding myself for being so "excitable". My husband in his matter of fact way told me that if I had not been such a "hyper" personality, we probably would not be married. Whew! Talk about changing my tune! I decided that the way God made me was just fine. I just need to learn to be a little mature about it and accept who I am!

I think we all need to do that. Maximize our strengths. Minimize our weaknesses. Enjoy who God made you to be!

Psalm 139:13 says: "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb." NIV

God created us in our inmost being. He placed your personality inside of you. Now, we are still responsible to develop the Fruit of the Spirit in our lives - to overcome the weakness of each personality. But God gave us a joyful personality or a cautious personality or a steady one. He knows you and knows what you are capable of through Him! When we allow Him to work in our lives - maximizing strengths and minimizing weaknesses- the end result is something that brings glory to His Name!

Psalm 138:8 says: "The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever- do not abandon the works of your hands." NIV

So, be sure to ask God to work in your life to fulfill HIS purpose for you. That means giving up control and allowing Him to direct our steps - everyday. Allowing the Lord to fulfill His purpose in us means allowing Him to use the UNIQUE DIFFERENCE in each of our lives for His Glory!

Just imagine - a world full of Christians that allow God to fulfill His purpose for them in their lives! Wow! I think it would be a different world- how about you?

I hope you have a great weekend! Be sure to find a place of worship on Sunday!

blessings,
dorinda


Out of My Treasure Box:

Personality Plus by Florence Littauer
and any of her personality books that can be found at her website.

No comments: